Certification of individuals’ skills and competences
Competence is the ability to put knowledge and/or know-how into practice and the case of personal qualities (knowledge).
Level of competence or qualification
The level of competence of a natural person in relation to the practice of a profession or specialty is established:
- by the level of knowledge of the vocabulary and language used in a certain field of expertise.
- know-how: the ability to apply specific knowledge in the field or professional speciality, and the standards or reference points to which this knowledge refers to
- Ability to mobilize and use resources to cope with a given situation, both in terms of behaviour and actions.
The levels of competence correspond to combinations of these different areas of knowledge. They are successive and uneven as specified in the table below.
Certification of competence
The certification of a natural person’s credentials is the assessment of that person’s competence in relation to the requirements of a certification program, leading to an evaluation and the issuance of a certificate.
A program is a combination of levels of proficiency for a given subject or specialty, and results in an evaluation system (exams).
Note: ISO/IEC 17024, which specifies the general requirements for certification bodies carrying out these procedures, refers to the certification programme as a particular scheme.
A set of induced activities and certifications, consisting of several levels and for a given target group or activity. The threads are independent and parallel.
The ITE-AUDIT certification follows a three-tiered scheme on which the various certificates are based. This scheme may apply to different professional activities. It comprises:
- Level 1: which consists solely of the Foundations certificate, and must be obtained in order to take any Level 2 exam.
- A level 2 and a level 3 organized according to the same sectors, which correspond to professional activities of a different nature:
The implementation consists of the same rational, practical, operational third parties that are involved in the construction or supply products, services, processes, etc.
– Pilotage brings together the same coordination and reference teams: project or program director, project or service portfolio manager, project or service portfolio manager, third-party process/guarantor, entity governance, etc.
-The consulting services correspond to the same third parties, starting from the advice, assistance in the design and work organsation.
The Control branch concerns the same internal/external audit activities and the same responsibility for compliance with rules (regulatory obligations, internal regulations of an entity or cross-functional)
- Level 3 can only be reached if you previously obtained the level 2 certificate of the same line. Note: the requirement to hold an “n-1” level certificate to be able to take part in the “n” level assessment is only mandatory for certain ththreads.
There is no limitation to the number of strands of certification one person can pursue.
Note: in the schema are examples of certificates, which are not necessarily required for each program.